There are a number of things that you can do to enhance your libido. This page will give you several tips and tricks to increase female sex drive.
Do you know that women are susceptible to stressors? According to Everyday Health, 43 percent of women experienced sexual dysfunction, the most common problem of which is low libido or poor sex drive.
If you are reading this, pretty sure you are also looking for ways to bring back your fiery passion in the bedroom that you and your partner probably missed. I understand that your bedroom concerns are very private and that you don’t often talk about it.
In this page, I will share with you the different ways to improve your sex drive. If you follow and practice the things you will learn from here you can expect an improvement in your sex life.
How to Increase Female Libido Quickly
If you want to experience immediate relief from low sex drive, you have to learn one thing: how to increase female arousal. Your mind and body should be responsive to every touch and advances of your partner.
The things that you are about to read in the next section will help put you in the mood to be intimate with your partner. You can try the following and see for yourself if it works. A number reported that these are effective for them. It works within minutes to an hour after applying it.
1. Read something kinky
According to Carol Queen, PhD, a sexologist who works at Good Vibrations, reading literature that can turn you on “can quickly jump-start arousal.” Queen recommended the Herotica series and “The Diary of Anais Nin” as great erotic literature.
2. Watch erotic films
Similar to reading kinky materials, when you watch porn that excites you, your body will start to anticipate sexual encounter that naturally raises your libido.
3. Take shower together
Proper hygiene can also turn you on or off. Thus, it is best if you shower together.
“Being clean makes you feel sexier and more open to receiving oral sex,” Kerner said. “And you’re also more likely to want to reciprocate with a clean partner as well.”
In addition, you can start your foreplay there. So, showering together can help you both set the mood.
4. Slip into something sexy
Learn to put on a sexy outfit. Wear your stiletto and pair it with your sexy lingerie. This will stroke your sexual imagination to play a role. Not to mention, this will help you feel more daring.
5. Do a massage
Ian Kerner, PhD, author of “She Comes First,” advised this because “the skin-on-skin contact stimulates the sex hormone oxytocin.” The more oxytocin the body released, the more the desire the woman will feel.
6. Take his Viagra
Men take those blue pills to condition them for sex. It helps them channel the beast in them in the bedroom.
FDA has not approved the pill for women, but doctors prescribed it. So, yes you can take it and you will be ready for an explosive sexual encounter in an hour.
7. Engage in sexy conversation
You can set yourself in the mood by engaging in a sexy conversation with your boyfriend. Send him naughty texts throughout the day and you will soon find yourself yearning for a sexy time once he gets home. Don’t worry, he will definitely feel the same and he will be looking forward to ending the day with you in bed too.
8. Take female libido boosters like sex pills for women
Sex pills are usually made from herbs that boost your libido. The advantage is that these are easier to take and are usually formulated with a combination of two or more herbs which make it more potent. If you don’t like the smell of herbs then pills might work for you.
However, you should be ready to spend and should be religious in taking it. Do not miss the schedule to ensure its efficiency.
Check out the best female sex pills here.
9. Apply female enhancement creams
Some women could not get aroused no matter how much they want. They could not just get their body in the mood. If you are having the same problem, then this product can probably help.
This lubricant is specially designed for your delicate sensual part. When applied, it opens doors for sexual stimulation. It is a great solution if you struggle to get aroused. This is also effective to kick-start your libido.
Natural Ways to Increase Female Libido
If you do not want a quick fix but a long-term solution for your low libido problems, then you need to take the long route. You have to improve your lifestyle including your exercise routine and diet.
Here are some of the things that can increase female libido naturally.
10. Eat Healthy Food
You can increase your libido levels according to the food you consume. If you want to enjoy a healthy and happy sex life, then you should probably start eating these foods that are rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals that can help improve your sex drive.
Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are major providers of antioxidants. This substance is known to improve libido.
A study published in the International Journal of Impotence Research involving 59 women with metabolic syndrome consumed a Mediterranean-style diet for two years. The diet is rich in fruits and vegetables and the subjects reported improvements in their sexual functions.
Here are some of the fruits and vegetables that you should include in your diet to have more fun in the bedroom.
- This is rich in folate and Vitamin B6 that boost orgasm and arousal.
- Black Raspberries. This fruit is rich in phytochemicals that enhance libido and sexual endurance.
- Broccoli – This vegetable is rich in vitamin C that aids in blood circulation to your organs that increases your sex drive.
- This is rich in magnesium and put you in the mood by increasing the blood flow below the belt. An increase blood flow drives blood to the extremities and increases arousal while making sex more pleasurable.
- Sweet potato. This starchy root veggies is rich in vitamin C that produces anti-aging collagen, energy boosting iron and potassium that helps increase sex drive.
- This is rich in minerals and vitamins that effectively enhance the libido.
- This vegetable contains opiate that activates sex hormones, a good kickstart to put you in the mood.
- Rich in vitamin C that helps boost libido
- This fruit contains Citrulline that works like Viagra. This is a popular aphrodisiac for the sweet lover.
- Rich in folic acid and metabolizes protein to give you more energy.
- This fruit is rich in amino acids, vitamins C and E, flavonoids, beta carotene, niacin, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium which make it a potent libido booster.
- Fig- This is an excellent stimulant and enhancer of pheromones.
- This contains potassium, magnesium, zinc, selenium and antioxidants that increases sex drive.
- Diabetes and high blood sugar levels can cause a drop of libido. Thankfully this spice lowers your blood sugar levels that results in an increase in your sex drive.
- This spice contains estrogenic compounds that work to produce a similar effect to testosterone. It increases sex drive and stimulates sexual arousal.
- This is a natural sexual stimulant that increases blood circulation, purifies the system, boosts the immune system and increases sex drive.
- Increases the blood flow to the genitals and increases body temperature and energy that enhances your arousal.
- According to a study, this can increase sexuality by at least a quarter. It has a warm flavor that lowers blood sugar levels in diabetic people.
- This warms the body and increases blood flow towards the genitals.
- This is a popular libido booster in Africa and India, This is even referred to as “viagra” for women.
- Ancient Egyptians used this to increase sex drive in females. It is rich in chemicals that effectively arouse women.
- Contains cineole that increases blood circulation in the sexual regions and is used to treat sexual disorders.
- This is a potent treatment for low libido. The Chinese and Indian systems of medicine also used this as a cure for sexual disorders.
Nuts and Seeds
The following are another great solution to low libido. Munch on some of these seeds and nuts and see a difference in your performance in the bedroom.
- Nuts – These are rich in essential fatty acids that are crucial in the production of hormones. It also contains amino acid arginine that boosts blood circulation in the genital area for enhanced arousal.
These include walnuts, peanut, cashew nuts and almonds to name a few.
- Flax Seeds – Contains phytoestrogens that are similar to female hormones linked in a healthy sex life. This is great for women with low estrogen levels.
- Chia Seeds – This is rich in omega 3 and 6, calcium, iron, zinc, fiber and antioxidants. This can effectively give you stamina, improve your circulation and increase your body’s ability for stimulation.
- Pumpkin Seeds – This is rich in zinc and helps prevent testosterone deficiency. Women have testosterone too and the lack of it is another factor that leads to the decline of your sex drive.
Whole Grains Cereals
Whole grains cereals like oats are rich in L-arginine that improves blood flow in the clitoris. As a result, you will be more aroused and be in the mood for sex. Whole grain bran flakes also provide heart-healthy fiber and vitamins B for enhanced sex drive.
Beans and Lentils
Beans and lentils are rich in fiber and proteins without saturated fat or cholesterol. If you need to replace red meat as your protein source, then you can turn to these plants to enjoy the same benefits.
Dark chocolate is healthy and is a great aphrodisiac. It contains magnesium that makes you feel relaxed and helps you de-stress to be in the mood. This also contains a compound called phenylethylamine that release endorphin triggered by sex.
This is rich in Vitamin B complex and helps fight stress while balancing the hormones.
Red meat is a great source of zinc, a libido-boosting nutrient and curbs the production of prolactin. Prolactin can impair your sexual function. So, enjoy your beef steak tonight!
Fishes are the top sources of omega 3-fatty acids. It can stop negative moods and boost libido. Salmon, herring, mackerel and lake trout are perfect for your libido.
This food is rich in zinc that helps in the production of testosterone. In addition, sucking and slurping, is overtly sexual.
10 Choose Healthy Drinks
There are also preferable drinks that you can take to enhance your sex drive. You can find some of it below.
A hot cup of tea is another key for a hotter nightlife. Catechins is the major component of green tea extract and it boosts your desire by promoting blood flow to the nether regions.
This drink is perfect to calm your nerve but it is helpful in putting you in the mood too. Drinking two glasses of red wine reportedly increase sexual desire compared to those who don’t.
Unsweetened Cranberry Juice
Cranberry is a natural diuretic that helps you de-bloat. When you feel bloated your libido decreases and you are less likely to be in the mood for sexy time. Thus, the answer to that is this drink.
Exercise has been proven effective in increasing sex drive. If you have been living an inactive lifestyle and you are now suffering from poor libido, then it is time to get up and start moving.
Here are some workouts that will not only help you stay fit but enjoy powerful libido too.
Strength training affects libido by increasing testosterone. Remember, both men and women have testosterone. In fact, this has powerful effects on female libido and orgasm strength.
Kegels (Pelvic Floor Exercises)
This workout includes squeezing the pelvic muscle that helps you hold your urine. This exercise can increase your sex drive by creating sexual energy flow. It strengthens the muscles of the vagina for strong orgasms.
Yoga focuses on stretching and energy flow. Stretching is effective in improving orgasm and increasing libido because it releases sexual energy. Tantric yoga, in particular, is effective in igniting sex drive.
Any activity that enables you to move and sweat helps in increasing your sex drive. So, the next time you feel you are not in the mood for an intimate night with your partner, better take a walk, run or hit the gym.
<h3>#12 Add These Herbs To Your Menu<h3>
Herbs have many applications and yes, it can also boost female sex drive. Here are some of the plants that you can count on if you want to enhance your libido.
Ashwagandha Root. The Kama Sutra mentioned this herb as a potent sexual stimulant in its literature. In addition, it boosts energy and helps you put in the mood.
Asian Ginseng. This is a potent igniter for passion and desire. It stimulates libido and increases satisfaction. In addition, it is believed to increase the blood flow to the clitoris and other female sexual organs for intense arousal.
Avena sativa. This plant also more popularly known as oat is rich with libido-stimulating qualities. It is a natural aphrodisiac that increases vaginal stimulation and enhances your physical and emotional desire for sex.
Basil. Improves circulation and blood flow. It also gives warming effect on the body that can enhance arousal.
Catuaba. This plant is also a potent aphrodisiac. Its active compound yohimbine energizes and stimulates libido and desire. When you take this regularly, you will experience erotic dreams, heighten sexual satisfaction and more intensified orgasms.
Damiana. Its leaf is popular for its aphrodisiac qualities. It contains flavonoids, phenolics, glycosides, terpenoids and caffeine that reduce stress and increases blood flow that results in heightened stimulation.
Dong Quai root. This herb offers tons of benefits to increase your sex drive. It can increase energy, relieve anxiety, lubricates the vagina and more. In addition, it works well with other libido increasing herbs.
Fennel Seed. This plant is another reputable aphrodisiac for women. It contains the compounds known as phytoestrogen that reportedly stimulates female sexual desire.
Ginkgo Biloba. This plant is more known as an aid for memory loss, but this also works well in increasing female arousal. According to studies, it improves blood supply to the brain and promotes blood flow to the vulva and vagina too for a more sensational sexual pleasure.
Maca Root. This is a go-to-herb for women in Andes when it comes to increasing their sex drive. This plant is rich in iodine and zinc that balances the hormone. As a result, taking this will result in improved sexual experience and satisfaction.
Muira Puama. Women who take this herb reported a surge in libido, sexual desire and sexual enjoyment. It helped them achieve powerful orgasms. In addition, it improves their overall sexual and reproductive health. Due to the many benefits it offers, this is also known as “potency wood.”
Suma root. This popularly known as Brazilian Ginseng. It balances the hormones and thrills the libido. It also increases the estradiol-17beta levels, the primary estrogen hormone during a woman’s reproductive years. As a result, you will experience more intense and greater pleasure sexual encounter.
Tribulus Terrestris. This herb stimulates the androgen receptors in the brain and makes the body more responsive to the testosterone and other sex hormones. In addition, it helps you prepare mentally to be intimate with your partner by reducing stress, anxiety and depression. Instead, it increases arousal and lubrication for more powerful and satisfying orgasms.
Tongkat Ali. Dr. Oz dubbed this as the greatest natural aphrodisiac because it effectively arouses your desire and increases sensitivity in the erogenous zone. This has been used to address libido problems by giving it to women with poor sex drive. It normalizes hormones, supports positive response to stress and provides a small increase in the testosterone.
<h3>#13 Take These Vitamins<h3>
Iron. Too much iron is unhealthy, but you will know that you lack this when you don’t have any interest in the bedroom. Iron affects your desires, arousal, lubrication and orgasm.
Vitamin A. This helps in the production of sexual hormones. It also contains nutrients that the body needs for an active sex drive.
Vitamin B3. This enhances the blood flow to the genitals and is very helpful during a short and intense burst of energy during sex.
Vitamin B6. This is another great vitamins for sex drive as it control elevated prolactin and aids estrogen
Vitamin B12. This vitamin heightens your sex drive by stimulating the secretion of histamine which is important for you to reach climax and orgasm.
Vitamin C. This is significant for fertility and helps you get in the mood for sexy time.
Vitamin E. This gives your libido a boost by increasing the blood flow down there. It has antioxidant properties too that is significant during sex.
Folic Acid. This is a given vitamin to increase female libido. In addition, it also helps in getting pregnant and in improving reproductive functions in the body.
You don’t have to settle for your low sex drive especially if this problem has already affected your relationship with your partner. Remember, there are a lot of ways to battle poor libido from taking supplements to living a healthy lifestyle.
You can always get back on our page and be assured to find this sex drive enhancement tips. However, if you know of any additional libido boosting hacks, feel free to share it with us.
If you wish to know more about beauty and health for women, feel free to check our homepage.